Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

hydraulic/clutch question??? really need help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 06:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hydraulic/clutch question??? really need help please

So i had a problem w/ my hydraulic system and my clutch feel to the ground, so i figured that it was my slave and so i replaced my master and slave at the same time while i was in there i bout a new Mcleod clutch and installed it. Have had some problems bleeding the system. I got the peddle about half way up (between the floor and the brake peddle). i kept trying the regular bleeding way and just ended up putting more air into the system. so i bought a mityvac and pulled the air out.... the peddle only came up to the half way point again... did i do something wrong??
do i need a shim behind the slave??
could the fork slipped off?? what do yall think is my problem

thanks guys for your help

Last edited by lbm13186; 04-16-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If your working with a T56 trans then there is no clutch fork like the older T10 units. Sounds like you still have air in the system. I would think that shimming or lack there of would have little to no effect on pedal height. Shimming or lack there of shimming would effect clutch engagement but not overall pedal height.
The twin disc Mcleod's that i have measured never needed any shimming. I spent some time at Mcleod the other day and was talking with a machinist about shimming. He said it was not necessary but its always a good idea to measure. Also I would like to note that Mcleod is a great company that employees great people. Its always a pleasure to purchase from them.

did you bench bleed the master???
Old 04-16-2013, 09:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

think i got it, just kept bleeding it and its pretty stiff now and came all the way up. iv heard lots of good things about the clutch so i hope its as good as everyone says.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lbm13186
think i got it, just kept bleeding it and its pretty stiff now and came all the way up. iv heard lots of good things about the clutch so i hope its as good as everyone says.
Good to hear. It is about one of the sickest clutches out there. Plus it is fully rebuild able when the time comes.

Quick Reply: hydraulic/clutch question??? really need help please