Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can somebody with a eztcu help please?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default can somebody with a eztcu help please?

ok so I have done a 4l60e swap on my 3rd gen iroc-z and have it running and driving. but I cant get the tps signal adjusted to the tcu. it reads at 34 at idle and it should be at 0 on the controller. I have set my tps on the car at 0.54v since I have a stock engine. any ideas it was too late today to call tci. it wont shift normally at lower speeds it shifts at higher speeds like to second at 28mph ,3rd at 50mph and,4th at 70mph. I know it is because of the tps signal. just don't know how to get it to adjust properly.. any ideas? all help is appreiciate.:
Old 04-21-2013, 05:22 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a tps calibration setting in the eztcu... you just need to look thru the menu's and find it...
Then you tell it to start calibration...and it tells you to push the pedal to the floor and release slowly a couple of times, and its done.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:48 AM
TECH Regular

I have done all that and the tcu still show the error staus and the tps on it says it is a 34 all the time. I can't get it to zero
Old 04-21-2013, 09:17 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Then you have your tps too far open...
You need to close it some..
May just be past the maximum voltage allowed for proper zero calibration..

Also...verify visually and with a volt meter that your throttle is closing all the way... might be the throttle cable holding it slightly open some of the time...it may be a bad sensor, or its loose and slipping slightly...
Old 04-21-2013, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

ok well i did some research and i think that the 3rd tpi tps is supposed to be set at .54v +/-.07. when i zero it out my idle goes way out and it still won't adjust on the tcu. it has me stumped..
Old 04-21-2013, 08:38 PM
TECH Regular

ok so I messed around with it today and for some odd reason I did something that worked I don't know what. I took it out driving and came back and looked reset the tps calibration and it works fine shifts normally. there seems to be some randomness in the tcc and downshifts. it is hard to explain I am assuming it has to do with the tps signal there are quick up shifts and downshifts with a slight variance of the throttle? maybe I just need to work with the handheld tuner.

Quick Reply: can somebody with a eztcu help please?