Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Paging dry sump gurus

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging dry sump gurus

Please pardon my ignorance, I searched here, Googled, and I talked to a couple of manufacturers that were less than helpful. I have all the basic parts, 3 stage pump, tank, and pan.

My questions are with setting up the engine. My pan is the new Canton pan which does no have provisions for the stock oil filter.

1. Where can I buy the bracket to block off the hole on the front of the engine since there is no stock oil pump.
2. What should I do about the barbell and the passage that was used for the stock oil filter?
3. Since there is nowhere for the oil to go should I find a way to block the oil from pushing on the pan at the stock filter location? I don't want it to leak around the pan because of the pressure.
4.Should I take out the barbell and block the block off the back of the block. If so, what should I use to block it.

I was looking at this picture and this is why I have all these questions:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/11570983-post3.html
Old 04-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have a three stage scavenge pump but does it have a pressure cell? You need the factory style pump (melling high volume I recommend) If you dont,
Your scavenge is feeding your sump your sump line is feeding?
Draw a sketch oil in oil out. if you are feeding a external pressure pump there will be a in and an out on that cell in the pump. The scavenge being three stages will have two returns from the pan and one feed out to your sump. The Sump feeds?
If you have a pressure cell on your external pump it will require you( outlet on pressure cell of external pump) to feed the old filter return on your Ls case. Your Pan should have a prevision for that If it does not than you need a new pan. You should block off the pump passage and Gally crossing over to the filter inlet on the case. Just machine a plug to fit in and epoxy it in.

Quick Reply: Paging dry sump gurus