Sponsored by:

Update on the new engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on the new engine

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I got it back 2 days ago, have put 800 miles on her so far. When I picker her up, I started it up and listened and I can't hear ANY noise anymore whatsoever, except the exhaust. It felt real tight at first, but feels more loose as I drive. First 500 I kinda took it easy varying my speed and slowly getting up to 90-100 or so and backing off. I did get in a race with a ricer when I was just driving around late the other night. He wouldn't leave me alone with that fart pipe, so I slowly accelerated up to 130 and slow,y backed off. He left me alone after that.

Speaking of rice, I saw what goes beyond the call of duty for a ricer. I pulled up at the gas station yesterday and saw a dude with a windshield scrubber, but he wasn't scrubbing the windshield. He was scrubbing...I kid you not...his doors!!! I was about to die laughing and pumping my gas. It was beyond what I had ever seen.

Anyway, back to the engine, Predator is showing my LTFT's at +4.69% now, so with the new engine, I am running too lean, which is opposite from last time. Of course, it's always easier to take away air and add fuel than vice versa. Sent the file for a custom tune and will dyno next week after my first synthetic oil change at around 1,200 miles or so.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to head for VA in my Grand Am and will fly back next Wednesday. I won't be online until then, so I'll see ya'll later.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear.