Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Warranty Question - Noise in front end

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Warranty Question - Noise in front end

Took my car to the dealer a couple of time to get a whine noise checked out in the front end. The noise only happens above 20mph and sometimes it does not happen at all until you hit a bump. It is a really high pitched whine noise on the passenger side. It's been going on for atleast 3 months now.

The 1st time I took it up there, they replaced the passenger router and gave it back. Noise returned on the ride home. I took it back today because my warranty expires next week and really need to get this figured out before then. The noise is really annoying. Just got a call from the dealer saying they can't find what is making the noise and I should bring it back once it gets louder. Does that sound fair? I don't want to take the car back in a month and them not honor the work cause the warranty expired. The noise is really annoying and I'm embarrassed to drive anyone around because of it.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a high pitch whine coming from what I thought was the right front wheel bearing around 30-40 mph and up. I replaced it and sounded the same. Replaced the left front and the same. Everybody that rode in the car thought it was the right front. Ended up being the transmission. I'm by no means a trans expert so i cant tell you in detail what it was but I had to have some work done on it and when I got it back and drove the car the noise was gone. There where a few broken parts that caused some of the thrust washers to get burned up and chewed up.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Leal
Took my car to the dealer a couple of time to get a whine noise checked out in the front end. The noise only happens above 20mph and sometimes it does not happen at all until you hit a bump. It is a really high pitched whine noise on the passenger side. It's been going on for atleast 3 months now.

The 1st time I took it up there, they replaced the passenger router and gave it back. Noise returned on the ride home. I took it back today because my warranty expires next week and really need to get this figured out before then. The noise is really annoying. Just got a call from the dealer saying they can't find what is making the noise and I should bring it back once it gets louder. Does that sound fair? I don't want to take the car back in a month and them not honor the work cause the warranty expired. The noise is really annoying and I'm embarrassed to drive anyone around because of it.
Hello Micheal,

Sorry to learn of this unusual whine that won't seem to go away. I also understand your concern nearing the end of your warranty. Please private message me your full name, phone number, VIN, current vehicle mileage, address and your involved dealer’s information. I will then document this issue for you and contact your dealer to investigate this further.

Reggie B.
GM Customer Care
Old 04-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent. Thank you for your help.

Quick Reply: Warranty Question - Noise in front end