LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Big Bore LT1 block

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Bore LT1 block

I am just bringing this subject back up because I saw a new (to me) company in the aftermarket block world tonight. Midwest Racing Industries (MRI) has released BBC blocks with price and features that put them very competitive with GM Bowtie/Dart/Merlin blocks. Doubtful they would take up Dart's slack on the LT1 block, but who knows? Might be worth a shot for some of you who are serious to make a phone call.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

unlikely it is a new foundry casting blocks. Probably just a company using the existing companies. Edelbrock and Dart in particular cast a lot of parts for other companies sold under other names.

Not to say that they couldn't be their own foundry or that they couldn't put up the coin to get Dart to cast them with their own logo.

If someone did talk this company into making molds I think the likelyhood would be high that Dart would be the ones doing the actual work, you would have just talked someone into making the investment.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
If someone did talk this company into making molds I think the likelyhood would be high that Dart would be the ones doing the actual work, you would have just talked someone into making the investment.
it would still be awesome! I'd love to have some room for big valves. But I'd still be under 400 inches. Strokers have never done it for me, the 396 just kinda fell in to my lap.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I get what your saying Caprice, but there are a few other companies that cast blocks besides Dart. Maybe if they saw the way Dart got everyone's hopes up and then backed out...it may get them to thinking about building on that. Or......it might make them realize that it's not a good idea. LOL

Again, it's probably a long shot, but I thought those of you who want and can afford an 4.125" bore block might want to try.

Quick Reply: Big Bore LT1 block