PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some fine tuning on my Cammed GTO...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 12:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some fine tuning on my Cammed GTO...

A year ago I installed a Cam and a Stall on my GTO and had it tuned by a local tuner. He did a pretty decent job on it and the car ended up making 406hp/370tq on 91 oct. The only issue I have with the car is on cold starts I have to pump the gas to get it to run and after about 10 secs it will run on its own and it has no issues. I attributed most of that to having such a large cam. I can remember buddies in high school having cammed/carbed SBCs and having to do the same thing. After further reading and research I keep seeing people with large cams and no issues with cold starting or anything at all. A couple months ago I took the car back to the tuner for some touch ups and I asked him about the cold starting. I know he worked on the "Startup Airflow" table and it improved a little bit but it still does the same thing, especially after it sits for more than 45 mins or days. He told me since it will take time to perfect the table tweak on that "Startup Airflow" table to fix my problems. My question is, where do I begin? Where do I modify on the table? How much do I add or take away? Should I look elsewhere? Like I said, I'm confident the rest of the tune is alright, I just need to get the startup issues fixed. I don't really have the time to meet with the tuner weekly to iron out this issue.

I've owned an HPT for years, and other than control fans and change wheel sizes everything else is greek to me. Thats why I always pay to have the car tuned properly (and usually with my laptop and credits too). I'm not even sure if I can handle this start up issue on my own. If anyone has the time to show me the way i'd really appreciate it. Or if someone wants to offer me there services let me know.

My car is a 2005 GTO 6.0 LS2/Auto with the following mods.... Varram CAI, EDC Street Sweeper XL Cam (.631/.612, 236/240 duration, 111+2 LSA), Longtube Headers, FTI 9.5" 3800 Stall and thats about it.

Thanks for any help...
Old 05-01-2013, 06:15 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Post a tune and a data log. Can't do much with that.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will do! I appreciate it. As for the scan, what perameters should I scan? And when trying to get a scan should I get one trying to start it cold? And should I do one pumping the gas? Thanks!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Replied to your thread on the HPtuners forum.

Quick Reply: Need some fine tuning on my Cammed GTO...