Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 09:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aftermarket steering wheel

What grant wheels bolt on?
Do I need an expensive adapter kit?
I do not need quick release
I just need a cheap wheel with buttons for trans brake and nitrous.

Thank you
Old 05-05-2013, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jason94z
What grant wheels bolt on? Pretty much any 5 bolt Grant or Pilot wheel will fit.
Do I need an expensive adapter kit? Only about $20 at your local parts store for one. I think it's #3196, but check that. The back of the steering wheel box usually lists the kit numbers. Just get one that would work for a 3rd gen and you'll be fine.
I do not need quick release
I just need a cheap wheel with buttons for trans brake and nitrous. Pilot makes a D shaped wheel with a little horn button on each of the two main spokes.....you could rig them up to be t-brake and N20 fairly easily. The D bottom makes getting in/out easier too.

Thank you
Just searched for a # for the pilot wheel and I can't find one. I do see some pics in Google images of the one I'm talking about, but no part # and no new ones for sale. Grant may have something close to it.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

I decided to just go for the removable one, sine, in the future I might want one anyhow with a cage etc.

Grant 673K wheel and 3201 hub
I just need to find out now do I need to buy the hub or does it come in the 673k kit...

Thank you

Jason
Old 05-26-2013, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jason94z
I decided to just go for the removable one, sine, in the future I might want one anyhow with a cage etc.

Grant 673K wheel and 3201 hub
I just need to find out now do I need to buy the hub or does it come in the 673k kit...

Thank you

Jason
your going to want tolorder a spacer. i have almost the same setup and it moves the wheel further away from you. i am not sure if you are ok with it that but for me its not as comfortable. i will probably get a 1" or 2" spacer for mine.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket steering wheel