General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

car wreck, likely totaled SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car wreck, likely totaled SS

I have/had a '99 SS, m6 was heading.up to my girls house yest afternoon and vehicle was struck by another vehicle that went into uncontrolled skid. Police at scene said other party was at fault. Both airbags deployed, major front end damage. Looks like a total. Other party had insurance, I have insurance through Grundy Collector car, 8,000 total agreed value. Was given accident report number at scene, car was towed to a impound yard. I of course own this car free and clear. What kind of crap am I about to experience?

Bryan
Old 05-05-2013, 09:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't know for sure lots of things can happen but keep us posted as whatever they try to pull someone on here has seen it before and we can help you.

My generic advice not knowing what they are going to offer you is after they offer you a buyout on the car find out how much to buy the car back as the drivetrain(ls1/t56, 342 rear) , surviving ss wheels , rear ss decklid w/spoiler ,etc all have value as do any mods you or others have installed.

I have bought back a couple vehicles of mine that idiots hit and maximized making lemons out of lemonade that way

the fact you have collector car insurance should help keep the total amount up I would think...

The impound yard is going to tack on a bunch of money daily so if you want to buy it back and part it out be all over getting it settled quickly and getting it out of impound - you do still own the car and have the right to posess it.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Seeing that the other party is at fault and their insurance company knows it, they'll want to avoid going to court which means they'll want you to be without a doubt completely happy with their offer. Their insurance company will probably still try to low-ball you at first, but don't let them. They'll want to minimize their loss by keeping this out of the court system, which means making you happy.
BTW, I hope you're okay.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man sorry to hear that, hope ur ok. i know what its like to lose a nice car to someone elses careless/bad driving. the guy that said buy-back has the right idea if its possible. i still have pieces of my first, staying alive on my current. keep em alive.

Quick Reply: car wreck, likely totaled SS