Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Best Component Speakers For The Buck.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 05:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Best Component Speakers For The Buck.

Ok so I live in LA and near downtown theres a huge street/alley of car audio, DJ systems, window tints, car parts etc. Well I picked up these pioneer component speakers "Pioneer TS-A1305C" They retail at $110. Guy was selling them at 90. I told him I had 60 cash. The day before I had bought a set of 4 inch coaxial pioneer speakers for $30. He said ok, 60 is fine since you bought yesterday. came home hooked them up, seems my previous setup sounded alot. A couple of my friends say I need to amplify them, but from what Ive read it seems a component speaker should sound good with the stock monsoon setup. Im probably going to sell these and pick up some Infinity Kappas which sound alot better. My question now is anyone in here running Infinity Kappas?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Had a set in some kick panel pods, and didn't really like the tweeter in them. They do sound %1000 better with external amplification. Also the stock crossover's harmonics are ok, but if you ever switch to a 24db/octave dedicated crossover, you'll never go back. Like anything, every small change makes it a little bit better. If you don't push it too far, the factory radio is acceptable.

Last edited by cmac06; 05-08-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Had Infinity Kappas and they crapped out on me when I cranked them. Never again. I am a HUGE fan of both Alpine Type R and Boston Acoustics speakers. Alpines are more $$$ friendly, but if you can swing it, Boston Acoustics are by far the best I have heard. I know that there are nicer speakers our there, but as far as bang for buck, Boston's win me over every time.

And if you are trying to run aftermarket 4 ohm off the stock amp, you will be very disappointed. Do some research on here for why, but basically you are trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 05-08-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old 05-08-2013, 09:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when saying best components for the buck, what price range are we roughly speaking of?
Old 05-08-2013, 11:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Alpines sound good. Like the Bostons also for the money. Another good speaker is the Focal Access. The tweeter on these is not quite as refined on this one on first play, but mellows out over time. Where they excel is in the midbass, but metal dome, and inexpensive should never be in the same phrase.

Originally Posted by FSUNole17
Had Infinity Kappas and they crapped out on me when I cranked them. Never again. I am a HUGE fan of both Alpine Type R and Boston Acoustics speakers. Alpines are more $$$ friendly, but if you can swing it, Boston Acoustics are by far the best I have heard. I know that there are nicer speakers our there, but as far as bang for buck, Boston's win me over every time.

And if you are trying to run aftermarket 4 ohm off the stock amp, you will be very disappointed. Do some research on here for why, but basically you are trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you want speaker replacements that are for the stock monsoon system, get with Kee Audio, he sells the CDT speakers and I'm really impressed with them over stock.

Quick Reply: Best Component Speakers For The Buck.