Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

some type of short? Please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 02:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default some type of short? Please help

Hi every one

I picked up a 2000 z28 its in good shape but has some issues like to see if i can get pointed in the right direction

I had a problem with the radio and window cutting out I did the bcm solder mod it had worked for about 150 miles now

the other problem is the DLR (amber front lights) one has a mind of its own (passenger side) works when it wants to and the l right blinker some times stays on with out flashing? I swapped the bulb inspected the harness dont see any thing it all looks good? when its out it will turn on if i turn the lights on

the brake light does not come on when i pull up the E brake but does light up when i start the car so i know the bulb is good

clueless......

Last edited by stroker87; 05-09-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Staging Lane

Could be the milti function switch in the column going bad. The ebrake lever has a switch. I think it is under the center console.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chopperb
Could be the milti function switch in the column going bad. The ebrake lever has a switch. I think it is under the center console.
is that the turn signal lever switch?
Old 05-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by stroker87
is that the turn signal lever switch?
Yes...
Old 05-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Teching In

hey man, i was a chevy tech for 12 years, now with benz so i cant get schematics but im 99% sure all of ur issues are all related to bcm. GM bcm's were total crap back then, i never had too many issues with Camaro bcm's but, you prob need a NEW bcm outa the box. turn signals and DRLs def run off bcm, dont remember if windows do. If your still havin problems, ill find out if p/windows do.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bill 01SS
hey man, i was a chevy tech for 12 years, now with benz so i cant get schematics but im 99% sure all of ur issues are all related to bcm. GM bcm's were total crap back then, i never had too many issues with Camaro bcm's but, you prob need a NEW bcm outa the box. turn signals and DRLs def run off bcm, dont remember if windows do. If your still havin problems, ill find out if p/windows do.
that does make sence, the power windows do run true it for the r.a.p I think it call? since i did the BCM solder "re-flow" mod windows and radio have not turned off in about 200 miles before it was every 5 minutes or so and come to think of it the blinker has not stayed on since i did that mod?

so there was/is some thing up with it
Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Attached is the turn signal wiring diagram.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
turnsignal.pdf (169.6 KB, 63 views)

Quick Reply: some type of short? Please help