Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

budget cuts are getting gay

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default budget cuts are getting gay

just wondering what everyone else has actually SEEN so far, as far as the budget cuts have gone?
At ft polk, pretty much all classes are being cancelled, that haven't been paid for already. In my unit, they are charging soldiers for MRE's, if you get your BAS, when we go to the field or range. Supply is getting alot of orders cancelled for almost everything.
They are cancelling alot of our ranges and time in the field. We were supposed to spend a good 6 weeks in the field this summer, got changed to 5 days last week, and another week in September.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait what? U don't want to pay for meals u eat in field while on bas? You know u are supposed to do a 4187 to change bas for the time ur in the field. If u did that u don't pay for food in field. Otherwise u pay. Also who complains about not having to spend 6 weeks in the field? I think we could cut a lot more things. I take a trip that requires a flight to and from a tdy location on average 11 times a year. Something has to change to cut spending. Lets cut military spending and then cut welfare twice as much.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Staging Lane

i actually like going to the field, its a change of pace in the boring garrison life of Fort Polk, in a unit that never deploys because of DCRF. They also cut all of our certified classes, except the ones that garrison paid for in advance when FY13 started.
Whats the ******* point of cutting back spending on anything and everything, when you're already cutting the active duty force back 50%.

And no I dont want to pay for MRE's in the field when I get BAS, which I use to buy my own food. Why eat a shitty MRE or Hot-A, when I can go to the commisary and spend less money on REAL food that fits in my tuffbox, than the amount of money they charge non-meal card holders for piece of **** MRE's?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

I haven't seen much directly, but I can see where 16 trillion (or whatever it is now) in debt is causing the gov't to cut things.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

on deployent now, we've seen some things. mainly just PX's closed like 3 days a week and shorter hours. no mail on saturday and stuff like that
Old 05-24-2013, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in maintenance, motor sergeant for a tank company, and it hurts us. Getting repair parts is like pulling teeth. My own teeth. Anything over a 5 mile road march and our tanks have to get HETTed out. We can't even get POL in a timely manner. Oh well.

Quick Reply: budget cuts are getting gay