Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Another new guy from Iowa

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another new guy from Iowa

Hello everyone, I am a long time lurker that finally decided to register. I am from central Iowa and currently have a 1992 Mustang LX convertible. It is a basic H/C/I 306 with a Tremec 3550 and all the other typical bolt-ons. Most recent stuff done to it was a 5 lug conversion with 99-04 PBR front brakes and 18x9/18x10 FR500 style wheels. This car will eventually be parted out to fund the next project.

I am currently trying to find a clean LX roller (coupe or hatch) to start a LSX swap. Probably end up going with a 5.3 or 6.0 junkyard motor with a T56. Plan is to gather parts and get it running and reliable, then tear down and do a turbo set-up.

I post under the same username on corral, svtperformance, midweststangs, and a few bicycle related forums.

Anyways, I look forward to posting on here and learning more about these motors and will spend a lot of time in the Hybrid section to get more swap/power adder ideas.

Here is the current car (pics are from last summer)-

Last edited by milhous; 05-15-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome, fellow Iowan.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to see there is other Iowans on here. I am looking forward to gathering parts to start this swap!

Quick Reply: Another new guy from Iowa