Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Created a Video for my Detailing Services - Opinions please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 08:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Created a Video for my Detailing Services - Opinions please!

Hey everyone!

Last night I finally finished editing and rendering a video I've created for my auto detailing service. This is the most intensive video editing/processing I myself have ever done, and seeing as I didn't trust anyone else filming the footage I had to do everything myself lol. By the time I finished doing this car I had 53 video clips recorded on my camera.

I have a Canon 550D (T2i) and I edited the video using Sony Vegas 10.

Please note, this is just to get opinions on the video in direct relation to it's purpose (detailing). This is not to advertise my business so please no questions such as "How much to do my car" because I'd rather not get banned! Thanks!

Here it is, please share any criticism!
(....yes it's a honda, deal with it)

Old 05-18-2013, 06:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm none to big with video stuff, so this is just how I felt as a normal viewer...

I would cut the overall length down, certain aspects could be kept to a shorter showing time. for example, the initial hosing down, runs from 0:26 - 0:56, 30 solid seconds of water running. same goes for several other scenes throughout. try to cut those down, maybe speed up certain clips and have them run faster right after each other, like when you're going through the interior.

also, the video isn't personal enough (not sure if that's the right word for it), but I don't see YOU at all in the video. If this is to showcase YOUR work and promote your company to the people who will be viewing it, it seems like it would do better to show you actually working on the car, more than just your arms/hands. For example, when you're using the blower to start drying the car, it might be nice to add in a quick clip from a wider angle showing more of the car, along with your entire body showing you actually using the blower thing. then switch to the more detailed clips. gives more of a feel for whats actually happening. In other words, this video showcases the process, but not YOU doing the process. like watching one of those "how do they do it" or "factory made" discovery channel shows, where they just shows the machines making a product. I want to see you doing the work so I can associate the video with your company.

I'd like to see more products being used for some reason. more stuff like when you were spraying the cleaner on the wheels, I like that. would've been nice to maybe see you adding the polish onto the pad, or something like that

nitpicking here, but you never want to have any reflections in a video/photo that show the "behind the scenes" of you making the video/picture. at 4:30 I'm looking at your whole tripod setup and all.

I'd also like to see some text or logo for your company at the end, along with some of your basic info: website, phone number, location, etc..

I would also say try to stay away from the filters/tints, the red tones at times can get in the way of being able to focus on the details of the car, and being able to see it as it was. The rich dark tones of the black paint and dark interior pieces would come through more without the warm/red tones.

overall though, good job! I've never tried any video work, but I know it's tough, so kudos to you on the work you've done as is!

and good luck with the business!

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
(....yes it's a honda, deal with it)
no sir I will not deal with it!! lol. now make another with the 2nd gen!!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry for the essay... didn't feel like I was typing that much lol
Old 05-18-2013, 07:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 459 Likes on 360 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Put some chicks in it.

Quick Reply: Created a Video for my Detailing Services - Opinions please!