Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Different x-pipe types?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 06:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different x-pipe types?

Hey all, so the time has finally come for me to put my true dual system on my T/A. However, I've got one question... On some TD systems, I've seen the pipes after the crossover stay relatively close to each other (understandable, since they both have to go over the axle on the pass. side) like this:

Different x-pipe types?-oldwysj.jpg

But the x-pipe I bought was used in a dumped application, with the pipes going in opposite directions, rather than following one another, like this:

Different x-pipe types?-o6pkbna.jpg

Should I get this pipe redirected?

Different x-pipe types?-chs1poq.jpg

I was just planning to make two 30ish degree cuts and take out a wedge so I can rotate the pipe and make it face the other way. But should I bother going through this trouble? I know it'd take another bend or two to get it back to the passenger's side, which would hurt flow. Sorry for so much detail over a seemingly minute problem. But regardless, thanks all!
Old 05-18-2013, 07:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are you dead set on over the axle? You can run under without sacrificing ground clearence. Or like I did, weld in some dummy corsa tips and leave it dumped.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:55 AM
Launching!

I went under the axel using the stock hangers

Driver side

Old 05-18-2013, 09:00 AM
Launching!

I went 18X4 inch tips out the back! Made the biggest difference in hp/tq gains with true duels best decision I ever made
Good luck! Let me know how it sounds, I been thinking about removing the flowmasters and putting Slp lm1 resonators.

If you end up going under the axel build a mount in the middle of the exhaust. If you look at the last picture of my under carriage there is a mount at the end of the mufflers that mount to the body. That way when I put my car on a lift or jack it up I remove the mounting bracket or exhaust hangers so it can droop down. The rear end hits the exhaust when it's on a lift or jacked up, and will rip it right out.

Last edited by D14HUGGER.ORANGE; 05-18-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Different x-pipe types?