Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

My Car is rejecting gas, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Car is rejecting gas, HELP!

Now I'm a 21 year old girl, so bear with me here.
I have an olds mobile, Intrigue, 2001 model. She's rejecting gas after I pump 2 gallons in. I have my theories about the problem, my gas sensor has come loose, and now is stuck at the top of the tank. My car constantly reads with a full tank, even when it's empty. I'm very limited on money and time, and it doesn't have to be a full fix, I just need to get my car full of gas for a trip to maine! A few weeks after I should be buying a new car (just explaining why I don't care if it's a full fix) Thank you so so much!
Old 05-18-2013, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

sounds like the evap charcoal canister thing is messed up. Try looking under the hood for a green cap on the fuel line, unscrew the cap and hold down the Schrader valve (just like a tire stem ) and release the pressure. It should be able to take gas then. Hopefully this helps you out
Old 05-19-2013, 09:24 AM

Thank you so much! I'm going to try that right now!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

the gas level sensor would need to be fixed in order to register the correct tank level, that means getting to the tank.

with regards to rejecting gas...I guess I'm not exactly certain what you are saying. Are you saying that even when the car is mostly empty you go to a gas station and try to fill it up and it only lets you fill it up 2 gallons?? That doesn't make sense so I guess you aren't saying that.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:05 PM

No! That is what I'm saying! I've done my research! My car, if you look up trouble shooting oldsmobile intrigue 2001 (etc) what I have described is a common problem. (Along with a whole long list of disturbing things.)
My car has gotten worse since I last posted, it now only accepts $1.58 before it starts to overflow. It's horrible! I have to go back to the gas station every 8 miles! It's outrageous! I never knew a problem like this could exist!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Charcoal canister is probably clogged and needs to be replaced.

Quick Reply: My Car is rejecting gas, HELP!