Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only 3 pulls on bottle?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Only 3 pulls on bottle?

I was tuning my car this weekend and the bottle ran out after only 3 partial pulls. I have a 10 lb bottle with nano and I'm running a 100 shot and noticed my car was no longer responding to the nitrous. I thought it may have been a solenoid, but checked and everything is fine. I know that your purge won't always be a giant white cloud, but I couldn't see anything and noticed my purge line wasn't getting cold. The bottle pressure was still at 1000 psi, but when I weighed the bottle it was at 15 lbs and was empty. After I removed the bottle from the car, I cracked the valve and only the compressed air from my nano tank came out, confirming it was empty. I didn't weigh the bottle when it was first filled. Could I have gotten a partial fill? I didn't notice any leaks in the system and my nano bottle still had pleny of pressure. Any advice on what to check? I'm taking my bottle to get filled again, and I'm bring a scale this time to check.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

It's possible that they did not fill it all the way. I've never had it happen to me, but it did to a buddy of mine
Old 05-20-2013, 07:33 AM
TECH Resident

Maybe a small leak somewhere in the line/fittings.....
Old 05-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could be a partial fill but i bet there is a small leak somewhere. I would check all of the fittings with soapy water, also check the entire length of the line could have a pin hole in it as well. If that all checks out check the bottle itself by submersing the valve in water.

Trey
Old 05-20-2013, 05:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Trey gave good advice...
If all that checks out ok, its possible you lost more nitrous while testing the system than you realized. I have had people go through the same thing and then realize they had alittle to much fun checking out the purge and testing the system.
Dave
Old 05-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Thanks, I'm getting it filled Friday and will let you know what I find
Old 05-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Teching In

So I found the leak and it was on my nitrous bottle. It's between the nano check valve and the adaptor fitting that connects to the nitrous bottle, which explains why my nitrous was empty, but my nano was still half full. It looks like the nano check valve has a black teflon sealant on it. Does anyone know what else can be used to seal this? Will regular teflon tape or paste work?

Quick Reply: Only 3 pulls on bottle?