Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

big dreams for a bad bird!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big dreams for a bad bird!

I've got big dreams for my Firebird.

I typed this long post super detailed about what i'm planning on doign to my car and timeframe and what not. and it lost it all!!!!! GRRRRRRR so, to paraphrase what i typed earlier.

I've got an 01 v6 firebird with 4l60e.

first things first,

Firebird to trans am conversion. We're talking High rise spoiler and rear lid. Rear Bumper, Side Skirts, Leather/Power Seats, Wrapping my dash in black vinyl to match black leather seats. wrapping doors also in black vinyl to match. Oh and Ram Air Hood/Superhawk hood ( i want to know if the superhawk hood still performs as well as Ram air hood as far as shooting air into the intake goes)

Also need to sand and repaint my eyelids. The person i bought it from thought they head lights didnt work so he just rigged them to be open all the time. all i did was replace the fuses and they work just fine, but there's a nasty line down to the metal where the hood rested on them for years.

Not sure when i'm goign to get these (whether before engine swap or after)

Mickey Thompson SC-5 wheels. staggered setup.

Now on to the muscles,

Swapping in a LQ4 w/ARP Rod bolts,and i'm going to switch out the heads with L92 heads and LS2 intake mani.

Then comes bolt-ons

then comes a mild cam (as this is going to be my daily but i still want it powerful)

and then possibly forced induction down the road.

I'm going to be searching this forum hardcore for information on how to do the LQ4 swap and also any tips and tricks from experience on the LQ4 swap into an 01 bird.

Thanks guys and I hope to become an active member here in the next few months. I love the forum and all the info it has, this place is a goldmine of knowledge. I love it!!

- Andy
Old 05-30-2013, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah youll be using this site plenty. Should be a fast and fun ride!
Old 05-30-2013, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

IF IT was my car: I'd do a Firebird to Formula conversion. The Formulas are cool because you don't see them often. Get a WS6 hood, or a big nostril aftermarket one. You can leave your Firebird tail stock and that also makes it look unique.

I'd go with the LS1, are cheap, find a totalled or parted out A4 trans am and get the engine and matching pcm. That will save you a fortune and a world of problems right there. Stay with the A4, and if you DO need tranny upgrade buy a high stage built one with a big stall. Forget about forced induction on this platform, for that money you could have a nasty NA car with ALL the bolt ons, Big *** NOS tank in the hatch, full suspension upgrades and true duals with cutouts. It would be a unique freak and still be a daily driver.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Sounds like an undertaking. Take pics along the way, and post. It be great to see the progress.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Superhawk is by far the best. No baffles. Fitment is spot on. I know I love mine and do so all the other guys with them.

Quick Reply: big dreams for a bad bird!