Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Creative Steel 8.8 installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creative Steel 8.8 installed

Well, I received all my parts for the cs 8.8 kit...I opted to build my own dif and just get the brackets, axles, and driveshaft from CS.

for my dif we went with the Auburn Pro Diff, Ford Racing Gears, ARP Hardware, and the creative steel cover. I opted to stay with the 3.73's

Must say I love the setup, car drives as smooth as it did with my stock setup, and I def notice a difference when I launch or just floor it in any gear, the car feels a lot more planted in the rear, and doesn't feel like it wants to hop at all, now I've only gotten on it a couple times since install, just to make sure everything breaks in properly..

Also on the plus side I realized the stock diff is the upgraded model, and only has about 15k on it!! So I'll be selling that and my stock axles, also got a gforce axle brand new never installed to sell as well.....

Here are some pics of the kit installed.

We decided to powder coat the brackets black, cause I have a red car, and the red on the brackets just didn't go well, so did that, and powder coated the cover too

Old 05-25-2013, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work. I like the black powder coating better as well.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Nice! If you dont mind me asking how much did it set you back after sourcing the rear yourself?
Old 05-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on that ^ how much was the diff for you?
Old 05-25-2013, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

I paid 2590 for all the parts from cs, and than for the dif paid 1100, including the cover from cs....thats not the actual cost of the diff, as my shop got it together for me...but that was the cost of the dif, plus all the other little things that are needed, oil, assembly of the dif, powder coating etc etc. Honestly if you really wanted to and didn't mind you could just get a cobra dif and throw up there was well....and for pretty dang cheap....I just have bad luck so figured if I did that I'd drive it for a week, and something would happen...so just decided to do everything new...and the Auburn Pro dif is rebuildable if anything ever happens with it

Quick Reply: Creative Steel 8.8 installed