Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 trans am first mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 trans am first mods

At this point, I have all new suspension, vogtland springs, blistering shocks, adjustable panhard bar, and lower control arms coming to my door this week.
I plan to only do bolt ons this year, my question is is it worth putting a new intake manifold on and not changing the headers, will it decrease power ? I have a cat back exhaust, checked under the car and realized how crappy the stock y pipe is. I will be changing that stuff out, just figuring on which is more sensible to purchase first. Headers and y pipe, or intake manifold ? I like the bbk unit, and need to keep the emissions stuff, so I don't want to use the ls6 intake. I don't mind spending extra dough to be legal, it's a dd not a race car...yet
Old 05-25-2013, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Def headers IMO. You have more potential to free up power there than just the intake mani.
Plus you get a better sounding car lol
Old 05-25-2013, 09:31 PM

if you get the racing headers you will need to delete the egr and air.i bought some bbk lt headers with ory, so worth the money. i had my 99 camaro for a couple of months now and the headers was my first big mod. i been searching for a ls6 intake right now, too damm pricy. i just need to be patient and one will come up. so being in your shoes i chose the header route first.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

You can get an LS6 intake that accepts EGR.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BBK headers, ported LS6 intake and a good exhaust system would be my first step. Need to think of future mods also that way you dont have to be changing stuff around all the time.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the input, I hadn't seen a ls6 intake that accepts the egr. I thought my only option was to delete it with that mod. I found an ls6 intake for 250 plus shipping. Anyone know a reputable tuner in or near CT ?

Quick Reply: 99 trans am first mods