Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Where to buy Maggie intake tube or CAI

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to buy Maggie intake tube or CAI

Bought a used Maggie kit for my 04 CTS-V came with everything and I am happy with it. The car screams now, but it came with a metal intake tube instead of the plastic or composite one that originally came with the kit. I was able to get everything hooked up to my K&N CAI with the metal one but would really like to find the plastic one or is there any company that make and aftermarket kit for a Maggied V?
Old 05-26-2013, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigirishlt1
Bought a used Maggie kit for my 04 CTS-V came with everything and I am happy with it. The car screams now, but it came with a metal intake tube instead of the plastic or composite one that originally came with the kit. I was able to get everything hooked up to my K&N CAI with the metal one but would really like to find the plastic one or is there any company that make and aftermarket kit for a Maggied V?
The plastic tube is pretty much sole source from Magnuson. I believe it is $50. The big issue is clearing the supercharger idler pulley. Otherwise you would have to customer fab/rig something like it seems you already have.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, just call Magnuson. They sure get you for these individual parts, but if it was me I'd price it the same way.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys I'll call magnuson on tuesday. I think that tube is just soaking up heat causing high intake temps. What is to high for the intake temp? Seems like mine just keeps going up. Took it for about a 30 min drive mixed of highway and city driving and it just kept climbing.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:15 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your HEX is not filled to capacity. You need to buy the 3/4" remote coolant fill adapter from frozenboost.com and install it on the passenger side of the intake at its highest point to bleed all of the air from the system. The best place is about 6"-8" from the HEX discharge which is the passenger side. Don't forget water wetter or purple ice, it makes a difference.

Also, do the Omega Thermoster mod to your IAT sensor. You'll get accurate readings using this. If you look at the supplid IAT (from the F body) it looks like the IAT Thermoster is insulated. Weird.

These will help get the IAT's down and read accurately. I wouldn't put too much hope in Magnuson...you're probably looking at 5 large for that damn tube.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DMM
... the 3/4" remote coolant fill adapter from frozenboost.com ...
This one?

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...1ec7342a2c49bb

Good find ... thanks!
Old 05-27-2013, 07:58 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rand49er
Thanks, Randy. That's it. Not easy to post links from an iPhone.

Quick Reply: Where to buy Maggie intake tube or CAI