Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

c5 z06 problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c5 z06 problems

Ok so to start off, my cousin has a 2001 z06, cam heads and intake, has full exhaust. Ok so his block broke where the starter goes and I have been helping him getting it back up and running, so I got a starter bridge kit from secondsucksracing or something like that here local in houston. And today finally got the starter bolted back and cranking. But now its acting funny anot its not starting, on the dash it gives u engine reduce power, service abs, service handling system or something along those lines, but while he pumos the gas (it hasn't been started in quite awhile) with the key just turned the tb opens but as he goes to crank it it doesn't open anymore, same for the fuel pressure on the fuel rail, key on I hit the valve and it squirts and soon as he goes to crank it it stops. Wiring the car is kinda sketchy due to previous motor swap but it did run the way it sits before, so now I'm stumped and I think it has something to do with the ecm and or wiring, anyone have any ideas, thanks in advance
Old 05-27-2013, 08:43 AM
Teching In

Any feedback would be appreciated
Old 05-27-2013, 08:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't help with your issue...

However.. Did you switch to a "Truck style" starter? The one that has two long bolts instead of the fbody one that has one long and one short?
Old 05-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Yea now if u buy a new starter they come with the long bolts

Quick Reply: c5 z06 problems