Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello, help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, help?

Hey guys, Im new here and am in dire need of a little help. I live in Portland, Or and am in search of an LS1. I currently have an 04 Infiniti G35 5AT coupe and want to preserve the car as long as possible. I have been told countless times to drop an LS1 in it (heard it fits perfectly) but have no idea where to start or if I can keep the AT or need to switch to an MT.

Sorry if im in the wrong area as well.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 05-27-2013, 09:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well im no expert, but I know how it is to ask on here and get no replies, so il give ya what I know, if its the ls1 u want for sure., u have a couple options, buy a new crate
LS1=3000$-10,000
buy a junkyard LS1=500-1000 and roll the dice.
buy a donor car 98-02 Camaro or transam, 97-03 vette and so on, a wrecked one with saveable engine tranny around here goes for 1500 ballpark to 3000, but comes with everything you need, computer, harnesses, fans, etc.
so I guess ur budget will be a big factor, if it was me, and wanted and had the cash, id buy a crate engine for sure. cant beat brand new. if ur on a budget, a junkyard is ur best bet, or craiglist/ebay, ive never looked for an engine there, butn sure they have some. again, kinda rolling the dice there tho. hope this helped a little.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kelevra
Hey guys, Im new here and am in dire need of a little help. I live in Portland, Or and am in search of an LS1. I currently have an 04 Infiniti G35 5AT coupe and want to preserve the car as long as possible. I have been told countless times to drop an LS1 in it (heard it fits perfectly) but have no idea where to start or if I can keep the AT or need to switch to an MT.

Sorry if im in the wrong area as well.

Thanks in advance for any help!
You can put an LS1 in it, but its not a job for a newbie. When they say perfect fit, they mean it will fit, but it wont bolt to your stock transmission. You will have to change the whole drivetrain. Post in the conversions and hybrid section. If you have the funds, it can be done.https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids-28/
Old 05-27-2013, 01:59 PM

Thanks for the input. Ill post in the other threads, and start looking on ebay.

Quick Reply: Hello, help?