Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

ram dual disc 10.5 reinstall problems 2010 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ram dual disc 10.5 reinstall problems 2010 camaro

hey guys helping a buddy put his rebuilt motor back in his 2010 SS. when we pulled it had a RAM 10.5 dual disc sport clutch in it. we cleaned it up and are reinstalling trans after we got the motor in and for some reason we can not get the bellhousing to slide together gets down to the last 1/4" and won't meet up to the block. dowel pins are all cleaned and the clutch was put back together per the online instructions on RAM's website. can't find anything on the web found alot of ford guys saying you just have to cinch down the last 1/4" or so but after previous bad experience with a bellhousing breaking I wanted to see if anyone has the same problems with installing or reinstalling a setup like this.. we used a alignment tool he had left from a clutch job in his old lt1 camaro worked fine same spline setup and length it appears but we are stumped and need to get this thing going. thanks in advance
Old 06-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Teching In

emailed RAM clutches no response yet hoping to hear from them tommorow
Old 06-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Teching In

heard from ram of course they said don't draw it down with the bolts.
mentioned the possibility of the t56 alignment tool we used having a different size tip than the new t66. I checked online both are supposedly the same measurements and tool. wondering if the one we had was to "used" we've used it like 4-5 times on different cars I wouldn't think plastic would wear out but who knows.

Quick Reply: ram dual disc 10.5 reinstall problems 2010 camaro