Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls motor in fox. need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls motor in fox. need suggestions

I already have a complete engine trans and harness from my 2000 camaro. I am wanting to put it all in a fox body. I have read several different threads with tons of opinions. I need to know can it be done using stock k members and what's involved in doing that. What about exhaust and fuel what do I need to do with those
Old 06-10-2013, 08:20 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

stock K-member you will need the CTS-v pan or the truck pan if I recall correctly...

it would be a LOT better to do either a Team Z K-member or a UPR K-Member

buy some Fox LSX swap headers from Heddman.
or BRP makes a kit you can buy that has the pan and trans cross member and headers.

Fuel will be stock tank with a Drop in high flow pump and new fuel lines and rails.
or you can do a complete fuel cell ready with in tank pumps or external..
I think aeromotive make s a tank with pumps in it ready to drop in the car with no modifications other than the fuel lines going up to the engine

you can see some other options in my build thread(I'm a little more complex than most people) as well as several other build threads on here in this section....LOTS of people doing that swap.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a team Z kmember you will need a truck pan or ctsv pan if I am not mistaken. If you use a AJE k member the Ls1 oil pan clears just fine. I wouldnt waste my time messing with a stock k member. Your knuckles and neighbors will thank you later. I ran dynatech long tubes on my car and they fit pretty good. Kooks is another good company. The F body radiatior and fan setup also fit with very little modifying
Old 06-10-2013, 09:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

truck pan is gonna hang super low, no?

anybody run the h3/muscle car pan?

Quick Reply: ls motor in fox. need suggestions