Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 camaro exhaust set up help

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation 02 camaro exhaust set up help

Hey guys, I have an 02 Z28. I have slp lm1 catback and am getting ready to put on longtubes with an ORY. I have heard of this backpressure issue. Is this enough backpressure? will I lose power?
Old 06-10-2013, 12:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GHall8788
Hey guys, I have an 02 Z28. I have slp lm1 catback and am getting ready to put on longtubes with an ORY. I have heard of this backpressure issue. Is this enough backpressure? will I lose power?
I had that catback then installed LT's & ORY car was fine but it was just way to loud (hole car resonated from the sound) i installed a magnaflow 14419 inplace of the SLP resonator help out a lot but looking in to adding resonators now still just a little to loud for a DD
Old 06-10-2013, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

did you gain hp and torque?
Old 06-10-2013, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Read up on backpressure and its associated myths (i.e - ICE engines do NOT need backpressure but rather - exhaust velocity) ..... You'll gain some power by a long tube swap but if you ask me its not worth the money unless your adding some sort of forced induction (nitrous, supercharger, etc). A stock (or stockish) LS1 can make pretty good power without changing the manifolds out if you get a cam sped' out for you and a tuner that knows what they're doing. Others may disagree on the headers but I don't like spending money unless I'm actually getting gains that are measureable.

Having said that, the LM1 with long tubes and no cats is SUPER annoying if you drive it a lot or cruise around on the highway. I'd suggest swapping the resonator for another (LM2, Borla, Dynomax, etc) if your going the long tube route.

Quick Reply: 02 camaro exhaust set up help