Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T/C & Missfires???

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 12:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T/C & Missfires???

I installed T/C about a week ago and got a SES light a day or 2 later. I played around with my HPP3, which cleared the code (i guess). Drove it a little more and parked it for a few days. Started it up today and got the SES light again at idle. Noticed the idle was a little rough, so I went to Auto Zone and had the codes pulled. Sure enough multiple cylinder random missfires (P0300, don't remember for sure). I'm thinking maybe this has something to do with the lighter load at idle?? Do I need a higher idle or have somethings deleted from my pcm?? Anyone else had this problem?
Old 04-28-2004, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

The lighter mass can effect idle. I'd try turning the idle set screw on your throttle body about a 1/2 turn open and see if a little more air helps it out.

I would also reset the computer (disconnect the battery or pull the PCM fuses) and do a proper idle relearn. Sometimes that is enough to solve it too.

Also I would check your plugs. The platnium can come off and one may be bad.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:49 PM
10 Second Club

OK, I've tried turning the idle set screw up, I was idling at about 750 rpm in D. I couldnt feel the misses anymore, but I still got a code. Any other ideas?? Oh yeah, the plugs & wires only have about 5k miles on them.
Thanks,
Craig