Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

LS6 C5 Gurus Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 C5 Gurus Help!!!

So about 8 months ago my car wouldn't get in any gear...took it to a shop, replaced clutch/pressure plate, clutch master cylinder and the slave. Got the car back and it was great. Three months later it developed a loud chatter coming from underneath the car and I noticed that when the car would reach the normal engine oil operating temperature it would quite down. About a month ago I was driving in 4th trying to get into 5th and it wouldn't let me get into neutral. I pulled over depressed the clutch and everything was fine, on the way home it gave me trouble getting into gear at random moments. I know its a shot in the dark but anybody know what the damn chatter could be? Or why I had trouble getting into gear? Could it be inferior hydraulic fluid possibly? My friends who have heard the chatter which is quit loud at times have said its probably the throw out bearing? Any ideas would be much appreciated thank you
Old 06-12-2013, 01:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who put the clutch in. Could it be a loose bolt? Had a auto do that and a torque converter bolt was backing out. I know urs is a 6 speed.

Quick Reply: LS6 C5 Gurus Help!!!