Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

V1 shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default V1 shocks?

What's out there? Called Luke didn't sound good.

I searched a bit. Qa1 seemed to lower the car. The other options were big money,or seemed to not be a upgrade.

Last edited by NoRice; 06-13-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quick search on Rock Auto has 8 different types listed, from Monroe's to Nivomat
Old 06-13-2013, 02:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoRice
What's out there? Called Luke didn't sound good.

I searched a bit. Qa1 seemed to lower the car. The other options were big money,or seemed to not be a upgrade.
Shocks cannot phsyically lower the car. The car is supported by the springs which provide the ride height. that said the only way the QA1 could lower the car is if the shock body on the front is shorter from the bottom shock mount to the lower spring perch. So only the front could potentially lower the vehicle. Otherwise the car will be at the same height as stock.

KYB also makes CTS/V struts and you can always go to the CTS struts.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcollege
Quick search on Rock Auto has 8 different types listed, from Monroe's to Nivomat
not running that ****.

Originally Posted by Onefast V
Shocks cannot phsyically lower the car. The car is supported by the springs which provide the ride height. that said the only way the QA1 could lower the car is if the shock body on the front is shorter from the bottom shock mount to the lower spring perch. So only the front could potentially lower the vehicle. Otherwise the car will be at the same height as stock.

KYB also makes CTS/V struts and you can always go to the CTS struts.
I know all the 'how's'

I'll read into kyb a bit more. I don't think the valving of a regular CTS shock is what I want.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Best compromise might be D2/K-Sport, but I can't speak to their reliability on the CTS-V. I stuck it out for a while with FG2s and the Ground Control kit, but in retrospect I should've bought the bullet right away and upgraded to the KW Variant 3 setup that I have right now.

Quick Reply: V1 shocks?