Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p0343 cam postion issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default p0343 cam postion issues

I recently aquired a 98 T/A there are a few issues with the car, but the one that I'm fighting with a little is the p0343 DTC. The P/O said the issue started right after a cam swap and when I looked at the car there was a p0341 cam sensor performance set. I had some free time this weekend so I brought my DMM and electrical tools home from work. Going off the GM flow chart I need to replace the PCM. I'm going to bring the car to work some time during the week and watch the data with the tech 2, but I'm wondering if anybody has run into this before. I load tested all the wires independently of one another and they all check out. I also found that there was only 10.4 volts to the red 12 volt feed at the inline connector and CMP connector. So I checked voltage drop at the CMP connector with a 194 bulb plugged into the low ref and B+. I found 3 volts with the PCM plugged in. With the C2 connector pulled from the PCM and jumping B+ and ground the the pins there is no drop. To me this is concrete that I need to replace the PCM, it just bothers me that the P/O said this started right after cam replacement. FYI it's suppose to be a GM LS6 cam.

Quick Reply: p0343 cam postion issues