Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous delay

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous delay

This winter I installed a LNC 2000 and I installed the Transient Voltage Suppression Diode on my solenoids like the instructions said.

My concern is that when I sprayed at the track this spring it had a delay just like I programed the controller to progressive start at a low percentage or set it to ramp slowly It's this way no matter how I set it up. When it starts spraying it does fine ,does not fall in and out.

I have done my checks, voltage, ground and resistance all good, bottle pressure on a switch with a heater set to 1050psi. and I have a purge solenoid on my set up .

What I'm thinking is maybe my solenoid is sticking but not sure, only other variable in my thinking, would be the Transient Voltage Suppression Diode jacking with my voltage somehow, not sure bout that though, seems like if it was bad it just would not suppress back feed voltage from the solenoids they would simply be open .

Never had a solenoid fail, I don't know how they act.

Needing help on this one guys, any suggestion would be appreciated.

Some information in my signature on my nitrous set up.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

I'm an Electrician and from what I no when suppressors go bad voltage can come right thru....they are just made to grab a spike and thats it done. Dont think they can leak voltage either but hey this is in a building not a car. I would just take the suppressor out see if it changes if i does well replace it. Still does it when its out then we got a problem. I have a LNC and the suppressors and dont have this issue
Old 06-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by scantone1
I'm an Electrician and from what I no when suppressors go bad voltage can come right thru....they are just made to grab a spike and thats it done. Dont think they can leak voltage either but hey this is in a building not a car. I would just take the suppressor out see if it changes if i does well replace it. Still does it when its out then we got a problem. I have a LNC and the suppressors and dont have this issue
Thanks
Had any experience with solenoids going bad and or sticking???
Old 06-17-2013, 06:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a lean spike. You pulling fuel off the rail? Wet kit I assume? The nitrous is getting to the nozzle or plate before the fuel gets there.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Talking

Found my problem today, it was green **** inside the relay that controlled my fuel and nitrous solenoids. It cost $5.83 to fix. What a cheap fix, and man I'm glad that both solenoids were on one relay!

The green **** (corrosion) was on the load side and showed up intermediately worsening in the damp cool night air, it worked fine in the middle of the day when it was hot and sunny outside . Apparently the seal had broke or it was cracked ,which I could not see with the naked eye.

Happy Spraying!

Quick Reply: nitrous delay