Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newb to electric trannys, ive only found one VSS connector on my 2001 4L80E

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb to electric trannys, ive only found one VSS connector on my 2001 4L80E

Ok the trans im speaking of came out of a 01 2500 gmc van that had a 5.7 liter vortec, ive found the front one, but cant locate the second one.. are they different connectors or ? i still have the harness from the van, im ready to use the extra connectors if need be..
Old 06-22-2013, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i found the second sensor after posting this.... yea so if i did re pin out the the imput shaft speed sensor, and vehicle speed sensor, near the back tail shaft housing.. i have extra wiring components.. also on the question of transmission on the 4L80E... I have a slight problem with the rear seal, its to big and it smooshes into the yoke, its a slip yoke.. the seal broke cause of the smooshing, its like one longer than needed. rear end and the trans are 1 inch closer, but it will connect smoothly to the rear end/trans.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure what you mean by smoosh the seal. The seal should be a tight fit around yoke so fliud dont leak, smear a little fluid on the yoke, and make sure the seal is spread so the yoke can slide into it.

Quick Reply: Newb to electric trannys, ive only found one VSS connector on my 2001 4L80E