Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Miss when not under load…?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss when not under load…?

Hey Everyone,

I have a 2002 Z28 A4 with a small, but annoying issue. If I'm cruising along and then let off the throttle to let the engine begin braking the car, the car will start noticeably cutting out. It never actually shuts off or does anything beyond the "missing" feeling.

I only notice it around 1500rpms and it will do it in "D" and "OD" (different vehicle speeds, but still around 1500rpms)

The car is perfectly smooth while accelerating or under any kind of load so I don't think it is ignition or fuel related. (I'm no expert, though)

No SES light. I have lid, long-tubes, loudmouth, tune. Fuel economy doesn't seem to be affected.

Can anyone provide insight into this? THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Banned

3o min later it will be ok

Old 06-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by honguqia
3o min later it will be ok

Okay... I'm not certain if this is meant to be insulting or dismissive of my problem, but I can assure everyone that this is a real issue that has been going on for about 3 weeks now.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a M6 but sounds like a similar problem I had, only difference is when I'm off the throttle it's in Neutral so it's not engine braking but my idle was significantly lower and started to feel like it was missing which it probably was. Turned out to be a loose positive connection to the battery. My old terminal was corroded so badly I had to chop it off and rig up a new connection, the new connection isn't the greatest but it does the job. I'd say just check the terminals and go from there.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you for the feedback LT1559! I have checked the connections already and they are good.

Also, I have tried coasting down an incline and putting the car into "N" and the problem goes away.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

Bump.

Quick Reply: Miss when not under load…?