Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered a PerformaBuilt Level 2 Pro Race Trans

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just ordered a PerformaBuilt Level 2 Pro Race Trans

So I have been in the market for a trans since I put the LM7 in my truck. I have been looking at multiple trans shops, possible building it myself, looking into buying the parts and having a shop do it etc......

I finally just said screw it and ordered a PerformaBuilt Level 2 Pro Race Trans. I have heard nothing but good things on this site about them with their quality and customer service. Well I will now find out first hand how well they are. The guy was great to deal with over the phone and their price was great in my opinion for a trans that is rated at 700hp, warrantied for 1 year and after the warranty it can be completely rebuilt for just under $1,000. That last part is what sold me being that I plan on keeping this truck for a very long time. Well we will see, the guy said it will take about 2 weeks to come in. I can't wait. I will post the install pics and updated info in my build thread.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/carburete...silverado.html
Old 06-24-2013, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to them earlier via Yahoo Messenger and am in the market to order myself.

I spoke with FTI as well and they recommended me 9.5" Billet triple disc converter 2800-3600 range. Think I will choose 3200.

I am trying to decide between performabuilt and FLT. I called FLT 2x today and went to voicemail twice. I will try tomorrow.

Performabuilt's warranty is great but when looking up reviews they did have some complaints on forums where as I only found 1 with FLT.

What made you choose Performabuilt over any other company? I am having a tough decision choosing but not getting a hold of FLT is beginning to really push towards Performabuilt.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

We have a performabuilt lvl 2 and love it! It has withstood 11,000 miles of abuse without a complain behind a 3,200 stall and over 100 track passes. Still perfect and very very crisp!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigB02Z28
I talked to them earlier via Yahoo Messenger and am in the market to order myself.

I spoke with FTI as well and they recommended me 9.5" Billet triple disc converter 2800-3600 range. Think I will choose 3200.

I am trying to decide between performabuilt and FLT. I called FLT 2x today and went to voicemail twice. I will try tomorrow.

Performabuilt's warranty is great but when looking up reviews they did have some complaints on forums where as I only found 1 with FLT.

What made you choose Performabuilt over any other company? I am having a tough decision choosing but not getting a hold of FLT is beginning to really push towards Performabuilt.
Stuff like this that was on this site helped me make my decision:

Originally Posted by performabuilt
We will warranty the unit when using the 200 shot, That does not mean I am saying it will or will not fail in that situation since surley the limits will have been pushed but we have never refused a warranty over a power related issues no matter what the power level. In fact the only time warranty has ever come into question is when for instance pump are broken due to installation of spacing issues or converter failures when not purchased through us. But even then no one was left in the cold we only charged shipping plus our actual cost to repair never the full cost of a unit.
Originally Posted by RonSSNova
I'm happy with my Level 2 in my C5 Corvette. Not a lot of vette owners use PB, but I did and all is well. About 3 k miles and 60+ drag strip runs. Car goes bottom 11's.
No flares whatsoever.

Ron
Originally Posted by Ohio Bird of Prey
I installed a PB lvl II in 2008.
Currently car is making 530 RWHP thru a PT4000 TC and still shifts
hard as hell. Sometimes it will chirp the tires shifting into 3rd at WOT.
Very pleased with the product and would do business with them again
in the future.
Originally Posted by ss4chad
I bought mine off of layaway and bought the 2 year warranty. I thought it was a hell of deal. Not to mention their $995 rebuild when it is out of warranty. that's what sold me. If I trash it 3 years down the road I dont have to buy a new tranny, they hook me up for a grand and that is awesome!

Chad
Old 06-25-2013, 07:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slowgoat
First off I own a 2005 GTO. Up until a month ago the car was powered by a Heads/cam + 200 shot nitrous LS2. The Performabuilt Trans. was installed in the car spring of 2007 and in August of this year we went 10.41 @132.47 currently the quickest pass by a stock bottom end GTO in the country. A few weeks ago we decided to put in a much larger power plant so at this time the transmission was pulled out. I decided to have Chance transmissions (converters) go through the Trans. and freshen it up. Well when it was pulled apart Flip gave me a call and said man this thing looks amazing are you sure you have 40k+ miles on it and 200+ nitrous passes like you stated when you dropped it off. I said yes sir this is correct. Needless to say the transmission was flawless inside and in perfect working order. the 3-4 clutches looked brand new.. Awesome news..
So we put the new engine in and reinstalled the transmission backed by a 4k stall FTI converter, GForce CF driveshaft and all new GForce rearend components. The engine is a 416in LS3 12.5:1 compression on 2 stages of Nitrous Outlet Direct Port and plate. Went to SNL Performance for a tune and to get some hard dyno numbers.. Direct Port only the car made 756hp & 888tq. On the plate only the car made 714hp & 841tq. 18 pulls total were made on the dyno without one mechanical issue. We tried to fire both kits together but the car kept trying to lift itself off the dyno so we could not get any hard numbers all out..

So at the end of the day I am really impressed by the piece Frank over at performabuilt sent me 2 1/2 years ago and it has held up to some serious abuse without issue.
I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good high quality transmission..
and another reason that helped me make my decision.

Quick Reply: Just ordered a PerformaBuilt Level 2 Pro Race Trans