Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YANk SS 4000 STALL QUESTION!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 11:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default YANk SS 4000 STALL QUESTION!

i just installed my ss on my TA and it drives decent its a *** kicker with your foot in the ground but around town and sometimes on the highway it locks up just fine at 40 but sometimes the rpms will jump back up?!?!?! the car is still not tunned plan on dyno tunnin it here soon next month or so but is that why its doin that cuz its not tuned mods are just LTs duals and lid?! but then somtimes it will lock up just fine and drive need some help thanks
Old 07-02-2013, 12:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Mine acts funny sometimes too. Remember, you are using a lot more throttle to get moving or stay moving. The converter lockup table is based heavily on throttle position. It will take longer to meet the requirements for lockup over stock because the computer sees your throttle position and "thinks" you are still wanting to accelerate when in reality you really aren't. What I do is completely lift off the throttle for about 2 seconds, the converter will lock, then I will resume my soft accel to whatever speed I want. I could fix it in the tune but its not that annoying.

Also, stock your computer has PWM, which is basically slipping your converter to lockup. It makes it soft and smooth and basically unnoticeable. With an aftermarket converter that has a smaller lockup clutch, it is preferable to give either 0 engagement or 100%. Any decent tuner will know this.

Quick Reply: YANk SS 4000 STALL QUESTION!