Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand X jetting, solenoid, and setup questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 02:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand X jetting, solenoid, and setup questions

So I just came back from the track after my first real opportunity to test and tune this kit. Pretty sad considering its been on the car going on three years now. I am very happy with the results but we have a "true street" event at a local track coming up in October with a heads up class. Only rules being tagged, inspected, insured, and no trailers plus the usual nhra tech rules.

Unless they come out with some big money I don't see many cars running faster than 10.0 in my area that will be nhra legal. So my goal is to be at 10.0 by then. I just ran 10.96 with a 2500 da and have room to improve through the tune and more setup work on the controller.

I couldn't find a jet chart or calculation for the brand x system. What jets does it use? Would a NOS or NX calc/chart work?

I know the noids are good to 200, what would I need to go bigger? I saw mention of a different line from the noid to the nozzle.

My setup is running off the tps. There is a definite delay from the time I mat the throttle to the time the nitrous kicks in. I've dropped the activation rpm to 3000 but am hesitant to drop it any farther. How low could I safely go? Or is it something in the setup? The ramp rate is at 0 with no activation delay.

What's the chances of success spraying through the shift on a 4l60e? The spray is deactivated shortly after the 1000ft due to the window switch setting. Didn't want to push that either on my first go with it.

I know I'm playing with fire here. The tune is solid, but the bottom end is 100% stock. I've got another block to build in the offseason. This is all with the mods in my sig and I'll be picking up a 4600 yank this weekend to put in place of my 3600. I'm thinking a 200 shot might get me close if the weather is there but I'd like to have a little room to work with.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is the jetting chart.

http://nitrousoutlet.com/media/techd...inejetting.pdf

I would get a plate to spray more nitrous. You might pick up more time with just swapping to a plate since it distributes better than a plate.

With a 3600 in the car you should be able to spray out of the hole and there should be no delay if you window switch is set to 3000. Flash that sucker out of the hole. You don't want to go lower than 3k rpms because it creates alot of cylinder pressure at that low of an rpm and it could hurt something.

I've sprayed thru the shifts without issue with a 175 shot. It will help you pick up time if you do so also. I can say you will run mid to low 10's if you hit it out the hole and spray thru the shifts. I say put the nitrous on a button and get it off the tps window switch thing that way as a jerk reaction, when your foot nails the pedal, hit the button so it will be on out of the hole.

Nitrous works the best if you can spray as much as you can out of the hole. The better 60ft the better the ET. You will be fine on the stock bottom end as long as you are keeping the tune safe.

I don't know if I would use that much stall on the spray. You might risk blowing thru the converter with a converter with that much stall speed.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

i use a good ole fashion wot switch and a relay. i launch with nitrous on and as soon as i go full throttle nitrous hits instantly. i have a 5.3 and spray a 200 through the shifts, built 4l60 with a 3k stall shifting around 6300.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

you might want to upgrade you solenoids too if you plan on upping the jets i have the zex race efi kit noids are good to 400hp and it came with a -6 feed line. im also using a high flow nozzle for the big shot make sure your nozzle can handle it or like silver bullet said it might be time to upgrade to a plate.. you can find them in the forums cheap from time to time.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the info. The converter doesn't worry me. I'm getting it used from a local guy I've been running with for years. It's proven itself time and again on a 2 stage setup.

I ran a wot switch until the fast/nw swap. The tb didn't have the tab that the stocker does and I was using that to trigger it. The tps was the least labor intensive route to go and still maintain a clean install. I need to put a rollbar in and wire up my bottle heater so a push button may be the way to go. If I had to estimate its about .2 before I feel the hit.

I'll definitely look into the plate setup, and as it sits factoring in the da and usual track conditions I should be high 10.6 low 10.7 in the weather we usually see around here.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

I agree with the spray on out of the hole...i run my nitrous through a wot switch and relay to my trans brake. While the t-brake is engaged the spray is off..let the button go and hold on! Very effective.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:49 PM
10 Second Club

Got it to spray off the line tonight. Ran 7.17@95 on the 100 shot. My best 1/8 mile from last night was 7.04 @99 on the 150. Track was better but its still headed in the right direction. I'm going to keep researching and gather some parts. As long as it keeps moving forward and stay consistent I'm happy.

I did notice that the rim is spinning inside the tire. Roughly a 1/4 inch. So I'm going to get some screws in there and keep plugging away at it.

May have had a bright idea on the way home tonight. I don't use the radio controls on the steering wheel so I'm thinking about trying to wire them for the system and keep everything clean. I need to see if I can convert one to a momentary switch and maintain the covers. Not looking to be outright sneaky, but I hate how things can get cluttered up.

Quick Reply: Brand X jetting, solenoid, and setup questions