Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from Nebraska! (LSx into 64 Vette project)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 05:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink New guy from Nebraska! (LSx into 64 Vette project)

Hey guys!
Thought I'd introduce myself.... My name is Fred and I'm planning on putting a Carbureted LS into my 1964 Corvette. The vette currently has a 327 and I've been debating for a while what I should build to replace it. I was thinking of just building another 327, but they are only a 2 bolt main and wouldn't hold much power without some serious modifications. Then I thought maybe I'd build a 427, but when I added up the cost of building an old school 3x2 carb'd 427 it was just too expensive for me right now. Then my buddy said, "Why not build a carbureted LS?"...... When he said it I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it before haha. I have a buddy that is somewhat of an expert with carbureted LS setups; he's built a few for his Fox body Mustang. So that's the plan!

Gonna start with an LM7 Iron Block 5.3 truck motor. Bore it out, possibly make it a stroker, might convert it to E85, and add some nitrous. There are so many possibilities with the LS platform! Should be a fun project to do with some good buddies. And the end result should be one BAD '64 Vette I should be picking up an LM7 in the next month or so and then the fun with begin!

Here's a picture of my vette. I'll make a thread and post my progress along the way.
-Fred-

Quick Reply: New guy from Nebraska! (LSx into 64 Vette project)