Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bad slave?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad slave?

Got no replies in a previous thread, but lost all pedal pressure the other night. Tried bleeding the system, no luck. Just finished installing a new master, and CANNOT get all the air out, or any sort of pedal pressure, was using the Mity Vac method btw. My car was wet underneath, and can't really tell if its all oil, or brake fluid. Could it possibly be a bad slave "sucking" air in or something? The brake fluid I know could mean bad slave, but I could've also spilled some when bleeding it the first time. Any help is appreciated!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yes it could be the slave. the seals on the front can be blown out not letting it build any pressure to relese the clutch
Old 07-09-2013, 12:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

OP

if you have a LT1/4 pull type clutch you most likely need to remove the MC and slave and bench bleed them. I found the MC installed at an angle prevents full bleed as air gets traped inside. I bench bleed the slave in a vise vertically and then the MC with braided line using the resovoir and rubber hose rigged above the MC and line going down to a bottle with a inch or so of fluid in it. I pump MC while it draws fluid and hold it at various angles so air does not get traped. Then with the braided line still submerged in the bottle I put my thumb over the line and put it on the slave. I then hang the assembled hydraulics so slave is pointed down and pump slave by hand to get out any bubble that may have happened when I connecxted to line to slave. A few bubbles did come up. I then install the hydraulics as a sealed unit back into the car

If your slave is leaking....that certainly will cause issues of not bleeding. Also DO NOT push MC down while slave is disconnected from tranny...you will immediately blow it out

Quick Reply: Bad slave?