Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

New Motor Wont Fire

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 12:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Motor Wont Fire

98 Z28 had a crack in the block. Used 00 block and internals. Pretty sure I put the 98 cam in but it could have been the one that was in the 00. Using 98 PCM that came with car.

My head hurts. From all I remember there should be no mech reason this does not work. Am I right here? Reluctor cam all should be compatible with 98 pcm?

Just teying to verify before I go juts troubleshooting some lost ground. I also read of "relearning" the pcm and a new reluctor? Any merit to this?

I've got no spark and am sitting at work thinking about it. All guages come on, no rpm when cranking. Doesnt look like its making fuel pressure either. I will hook up HP tonight to see if it will communucate with the pcm, but right now trying to brainstorm and make sure I was right about compatibility.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the ground straps on the back of the drivers side head and the ground strap that bolts to the top of the radiator support on the drivers side.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^Word, I had the same problem just last week. Totally forgot to put the driver side head grounds on. Got em on and the car fired right away.

Quick Reply: New Motor Wont Fire