Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

A few questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions

If this is in the wrong forum please move it to the appropriate one.

Newbie to the forums here. I have been trying to read up to see what I need to do here, but I am wanting to swap in a LS/Vortec motor into one of my classic trucks. I know this sub forum isnt about transplants but I dont really need that kind of help, just need help in getting this configuration to work.

So a few questions.

I am looking at the LY6 6.0. For my application I need the 98-02 F-body oil pan. Will that pan fit the 6.0?

Also I would be looking at the ls3 intake (mostly for clearance). What would it take to get that to work on this motor?

Also for clearance I will be looking to find the f-body accessories also for clearance as I know I have to raise the AC to work with my frame. Will F-body brakcets bolt up to the LY6?

If all these things will work together, what else will I need to have (other than computer and wiring) just to get the motor running?

This build is basically for reliablility and better mpg than a 454 and I may throw a cam in there just for some added punch. I know this will spark many opinions on what to do and how to achieve it but I am trying to keep this as simple as possible.

Any suggestions or other ideas would be welcomed and appreciated.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call this # 1-727-8447570 Current Perf. I'm a living Rolodex for a retro fit into a truck and hell I didn'T even look over the WHOLE.......?
MR DOS EQUIS here to take a call

Quick Reply: A few questions