Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch problems :( In urgent need of help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch problems :( In urgent need of help!

Alright.. I'll try and explain this as best as I can, so bare with me..

99 camaro z28 new monster stage 1 clutch, new '02 slave, new TICK performance master cylinder and speed bleeder NEW EVERYTHING.

Now, every part you see up there was installed in November, so it has about 15k miles at the most. Last week after driving for about an hour on the highway, I get off and throw it in neutral until I hit a complete stop at the light. I try to throw it in first and it felt like I was trying to arm wrestle hulk Hogan.. Now, it went in but every shift felt notchier and notchier.. I parked it for a week, bout the TICK Performance master and installed it and.... still the same BS.

Now, me, being lazy and confused about the whole bench bleeding process, I just installed it in hopes of my speed bleeder getting all the air out. I've bled it for the last 6 hours and still no luck.. It would only disengage the clutch when it wants to... And i can hear squeaking from the clutch at random too as if though the throw out bearing is wearing off (and yes its new)..

I called mike @ ws6project.com (since that's where I made my purchase) and I'm hoping they'll call back with some tips, but if not please feel free to chime in because I really hope it has nothing to do with my slave/throwout bearing..
Old 07-25-2013, 01:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean byit only disengages when it wants to, but it sounds like you are having the same issue as the guy below...which didn't have the pressure plate bolts locktited and they eventually backed out, feel free to call me. Chris, 817-750-2000
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...ate-fixed.html
Old 07-25-2013, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
I'm not sure what you mean byit only disengages when it wants to, but it sounds like you are having the same issue as the guy below...which didn't have the pressure plate bolts locktited and they eventually backed out, feel free to call me. Chris, 817-750-2000
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...ate-fixed.html
Thanks for the reply Chris..

I don't remember if I did or didn't put locktite on them on the install.. Worst case, ill just have to remove the tranny again and check.. But if that is the case, will I have to resurface my flywheel since it was unevenly wearing down on it?? And should I resurface it if I notice any marks?

Plus I've talked to josh @ ws6 store, and he recommended that I keep bleeding.. But I'm starting to notice a loud screetch and clunky sound from my bellhousing. I read that if my tick master cylinder is adjusted too high it could damage my pressure plate. So when adjusting it, I do notice a bit of a difference, but there's still noise coming from the bellhousing when I press down on the clutch..

Sorry in advance for the long reply, I'll try calling you during business hours. Thanks again!
Old 07-26-2013, 10:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would definitely pull it apart asap and retorque and loctite to minimize damage as I imagine the sound is the bearing riding on the uneven diaphragm springs from the pressure plate backing off. Send me pics of everything when you pull it apart if you catch it early enough it should be ok. Definitely don't keep adjusting the Tick up as you can damage the clutch from overextending the diaphragm springs.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
I would definitely pull it apart asap and retorque and loctite to minimize damage as I imagine the sound is the bearing riding on the uneven diaphragm springs from the pressure plate backing off. Send me pics of everything when you pull it apart if you catch it early enough it should be ok. Definitely don't keep adjusting the Tick up as you can damage the clutch from overextending the diaphragm springs.
Turns out it was just a misinstall of my pilot bearing and the need to adjust my tick master cylinder pedal a bit higher. Thanks again Chris

Quick Reply: Clutch problems :( In urgent need of help!