Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 Truck Intake in F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 Truck Intake in F-Body

I searched and have got myself more confused. My question: does a 2006 5.3 truck intake manifold and truck alternator location fit in a 68 Camaro with a factory cowl hood? The factory cowl hood does not provide much, if any, additional clearance than a standard hood. I've read that it will not fit but other have made it work. I'm already going down the road that truck intake and alternator will not fit and have sourced an 02 camaro LS intake and am starting to budget the other required items needed when swapping a factory car intake (brackets/spaces/tensioner pulley/waterpump/ect) needed to clear the throttle body. These accessories are all adding up to some big $$, so I want to be certain that I'm not wasting time and money. Any advise would be appreciated. My mind is spinning after spending two hours reading other builds.
If the truck intake and alternator will not fit, would you buy the full bracket and accessory set-up that Summit/Jegs/Pace sells or go with the Dirty Dingo set-up? Both are very nice but spendy.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know how much clearance you would have with the intake but you can do a F-Body lower driverside alternator location. I'm using a TBSS manifold and the lower driverside F-body alternator location in my project.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If you do a LS1 intake just get the idler pully relocation kit. Plenty of them on eBay
Old 07-25-2013, 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kwik Performance brackets....

Quick Reply: 5.3 Truck Intake in F-Body