Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Greetings from Beautiful Kingsport, Tennessee

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Greetings from Beautiful Kingsport, Tennessee

I am new on this site. have a 95 Trans Am that has a mind of its own and is fast becoming a money pit. Love the car but hate the mechanic bills. need advice on a problem. The windshield wipers come on as soon as the ignition switch is turned on with the wipers in the off position. Wipers won't stop and randomly switch speeds from light mist to full speed with no regular pattern. Won't shut off til ignition turned off. Put on 2 turn signal switches already and wipers still come on as soon as key is put in...won't shut off. it's in the shop now with 5 hours of labor thus far! Need to know if anyone can tell me how to diagnose problem and what it might be. Could it be the wiper motor or is it in the wiring? Also after first turn signal switch was put on the turn signals won't work. mechanic bumfuzzled!
Old 08-04-2013, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Sorry to hear about your purchase, but for heaven's sake get that car away from that mechanic!! 5 hours labor is outrageous and he is taking you for a ride. Even a dealership would have been better in this instance and the problem probably fixed.
You should post this in the general repairs area for immediate help. https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...e-repairs-102/ Not everyone reads this Intro section.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new on the site as of today. Welcome.

Quick Reply: Greetings from Beautiful Kingsport, Tennessee