Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel pump advice for 200 shot 408 motor!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 05:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel pump advice for 200 shot 408 motor!

I've got a recently high compression built 408 that I plan to spray a 200 shot on. My TA currently has a Walbro 255 pump that has been fine for the last 6 years. The car suddenly started acting up a couple weeks ago while driving to where it wouldn't respond to the gas and got home almost coasting. I parked it for a couple weeks because I had too much work then and now it's fine and not doing it anymore. No check engine on, no nothing except for one thing, the fuel pump got loud as hell when the car is on. So I figure odds are its about to quit on me. Motor already has 42 lb injectors.

I'm planning on spraying at the most a 200 shot on this motor so can you guys recommend me what kinda pump would be best for my setup?

Stock location for pump, I actually cutout and left a little trap door on top of the fuel tank to get to the pump easily when I installed the current fuel pump years ago.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of it depends on your power output.

Give me a call, I'll be glad to help you out.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Motor dynoed 509 previously and I have now upgraded to a FAST 92/92 combo. I tried the dyno again but was having fuel and tranny issues so it only hit about 435 last time.

Won't be spraying more than a 200 on this motor.

I was looking into the Aeromotive 340 intank fuel pump and the hotwire kit but need to do some reasearch. I'm kinda dull in this area! anyone?

by the way, I called you Lonnie's but no answer numerous times.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At nearly 700rwhp you are going to need more than a pump to have stable fuel pressure on the bottle.

If you would have left a message I would have known who to ask for when I returned your call. Person answering the phone had no idea who called me.

Quick Reply: fuel pump advice for 200 shot 408 motor!