Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

SES light 420 code bank one cat issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES light 420 code bank one cat issue

I posted this in one of the other forums, not sure which one os the best for my questions. Any help is appreciated!
Seriously considering buying an '02 SS; the current owner says he has SES code 420, bank one light on and can't figure it out. He had the bank one front 02 sensor replaced today and the SES light came back on after 20 miles.
Back flow test showed catalytic converter to be functioning properly. Before I make a decision on this car, anybody have recent experience with this issue? Any idea what else it might be? The car is an '02 with about 38k miles, original cats still on there I believe. Any one know if GM would replace the cats if that turns out to be the problem? If not, anyone replace their cats recently, what kind of money am I looking at to have it done myself?
Old 08-07-2013, 04:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont get the CAR!!!!!!. Had similar issue (not too long ago) when i bought my previous fbody... Had both cats replaced and ALL of the o2's... Still had the codes, ill never buy an fbody with that code or the p0430 one... i sold my car eventually, pita... Still dont know what the problem was... Go figure...

Refer to my thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-l...need-help.html

Last edited by black_phoenix; 08-07-2013 at 04:40 AM.

Quick Reply: SES light 420 code bank one cat issue