Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel system advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel system advice needed

setup as it stands now is a AES 390 running stock truck intake and stock fuel rails with 60lb injectors and stock regulator p1sc running about 8-10lbs. fuel pump is a single Walbro 255 with the racetronix hotwire kit. i keep having problems with fuel pressure dropping and just being low in general. i got a take off fuel rail and regulator and installed it and have the same problems. if i have to lift the bed to deal with this pump should i just go ahead and get a Aeromotive 340? or would that still not be enough for the setup.

i've been toying with the idea of just replacing everything and getting an A1000 new fuel cell new lines and new rails, but i cant afford all that right now so i'm looking for a cheaper route so i can get back to tuning and just driving around in general.

i have my old in-line pump from procharger that i'm going to reinstall and see if that helps. i took it off initially since i thought the walbro would be the same if not better then the inline one. guess i was wrong lol
Old 08-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i hooked the inline pump up and it seems to be a little better but the fuel pressure is around 45-47 at idle and 50 psi from about 25% throttle on up. what is the stock fuel pressure for a 2002 lq4 fuel rail? this is the 2nd rail i've had that does this. am i just having bad luck or is this normal for the stock rail system? also when i prime it for first startup i have to try 2 times to get the required fuel pressure for the truck to run, if i let it sit for more then 2-3 minutes it looses all pressure and i have to prime it 2-3 times to get it to fire up again. what gives here and why isnt it holding pressure? i find it hard to believe that both of my fuel pumps are not holding pressure and that 2 different fuel rails have weak regulators.

Quick Reply: fuel system advice needed