Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

corvette filter / regulator

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corvette filter / regulator

Hey all

I bought a corvette filter/reg before deciding to go turbo on my swap . Can i use that and add a boost reference regulator at my fuel rail ? I havent seen this in my searching but since its paid for i was hoping to not waste it
Old 08-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Expensive filter to waste I know, I did the same. But I just got a fram replacement, it's like $18 just to do it right and not have some extra part that can fail. I'm curious of the other feedback though.
I wondering it the front regulator will create like a dam effect and still create the extra pressure commanded by boost reference pressure even though the rear is sending 58psi to the front. But even if it does work, do you get the added fuel flow from the pump since it still only flowing 58psi to the filter? Ughh ill spend the $18 to not have to worry about all this. Tap into the turbo "misc" budget.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FourG63 97GST
Expensive filter to waste I know, I did the same. But I just got a fram replacement, it's like $18 just to do it right and not have some extra part that can fail. I'm curious of the other feedback though.
I wondering it the front regulator will create like a dam effect and still create the extra pressure commanded by boost reference pressure even though the rear is sending 58psi to the front. But even if it does work, do you get the added fuel flow from the pump since it still only flowing 58psi to the filter? Ughh ill spend the $18 to not have to worry about all this. Tap into the turbo "misc" budget.

Thanks , your prob right . Ill just eat the cost of the filter and do it right the first time . I was under my s10 today and noticed the stock filter i can still use with some of the parts i bought to put on the vette filter . Tapping into the misc build funds gets pretty exp quick LOL

Quick Reply: corvette filter / regulator