Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Window track breaking door panel..?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window track breaking door panel..?

Ok guys, let me start by apologizing if there's already a thread on this. I tried searching but have no idea what key words to try for as I don't really know what to call this. I eve had trouble naming the post I just don't really know what to call this
Anyway my driver window has been actin funky lately. I roll it up and it seems to go cockeyed leaving a little gap at the very front where the window meets the T-top. It's not too bad but enough to be an annoyance on the highway and in the rain
Today I had some free time and decided to take it apart and have a look. I about got sick when I saw it. It's the classic case if "wtf was the last owner thinking..." Apparently he changed the window motor and track once and broke the area around the rivets, so he tried to fabricate brackets to hold it up which just broke the fiberglass even more. Now the area where the track mounts too is broken and making the window go cockeyed. I have no idea what to do about this or how to fix is so any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm really not wanting to get a whole new door because of some small damage this moron did. I'll try to post some pics for you guys. Thanks in advance, this is my first 4th gen and I can already see this whole fiberglass deal really getting on my nerves lol

Quick Reply: Window track breaking door panel..?