Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone machine the stock balencer a/c belt section for V-belt use ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default anyone machine the stock balencer a/c belt section for V-belt use ?

looking for info on anyone who has or knows of were there is a few pics or info on this .

I have a older snow plow setup and its belt drive V-belt . like new clutch pump and I wont be running a/c anyways so figured why not run this position for the drive ?

thanks guys . and it would be a 5.3 or 6.0 balancer if I did it.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at the outer ring of the balancer I don't see how you could machine it to proper depth for a v-belt before you cut into the rubber inertia ring. In case you didn't realize the balancer is not one solid piece of steel. A lighter damper decreases its ability to control vibration/resonance from the crank. Take another look at it and measure it up, I think you will come to the same conclusion.

Convert the pump pulley to a serpentine style. What diameter is the pump shaft and is it a press on pulley? This may be the better option. Here's a link to Dorman's catalog with pulley specs.
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...37613711707410
Old 08-10-2013, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would not machine a balancer you are just asking for problems. 7lb spinning 3000 rpm will make a mess of stuff really quick.

Tim

Quick Reply: anyone machine the stock balencer a/c belt section for V-belt use ?