Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1998 C5 Corvette Coupe MANY mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 10:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 C5 Corvette Coupe MANY mods

Year: 1998
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Price: $16000
Mileage: 108000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Color: Gold
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Hey guys, I am selling my Silver C5 Coupe with Light Gray interior so that I can pay for a C6 Z06 motor and get my Z back on the road. $16,000 OBO. I have taken great care of her, and modified her. Considering everything I have done, I think this is a fair asking price. I am in Sacramento, CA.

I know am going to forget something I have done to make this car better, but suffice it to say that I have modified or replaced every major part on this car.

The chassis has 107,xxx miles on it, but the whole drive train has been upgraded, and it has less than 30,000 miles on those components.

The motor has been completely rebuilt, blueprinted and balanced. The cam is a 224/224 .581 lift cam. The heads have been rebuilt, and decked to 11.8 to 1 compression. It has dual valve springs for the extra lift, and safety. It has hardened push rods, upgraded lifters, brand new rockers (stock), and upgraded injectors. The motor was tuned by Mark Roman, a local tuning guru for LS motors. The motor makes 410 HP and 380 TQ to the wheels, dyno proven. It passes CA SMOG with flying colors. I had Kooks long tube headers on it with high flow cats and X pipe, but CA is stupid. (Yes I had it re-tuned for the stock exhaust manifolds) I have a catch can installed also.

The mufflers are the Borla Stingers. They are nice and loud!

The clutch is a SPEC stage 2. It does chatter a little bit in first gear from a stop, but other than that it is quiet.

The drive line has been replaced with a Z06 drive shaft along with new pucks and bolts. The clutch slave is also Z06 with a remote bleeder.
The transmission has been rebuilt with hardened parts and all new syncros. The differential has 3.90 gears with both left and right input shafts replaced with hardened parts. I have installed the DTE strut brace that hardens the connection between the diff and tranny.
The motor mounts and differential mount have been replaced with aluminum and poly mounts.

I have installed a line lock, for those drag radial burnouts at the drag strip.

The suspension has been all replaced also. I have an 800 lb VPB spring in the front, and a Z06 spring in the rear. All of the rubber in the A-arms has been replaced with poly bushings. The shocks are single adjustable QA-1s. The front sway bar is a Z06, along with the rear. All of the tie-rod ends, wheel bearings, and end-links have been replaced with upgraded parts.

I have chrome Z06 wheels (stock sizes) on the car now. The front tires are brand new, but the rears need to be replaced very soon. I have two other sets of wheels and tires for this car also that can be negotiated. I have CCW Classic Race edition wheels with black centers 17x11 on all four, with Hoosier R6 tires. I also have the original wagon wheels, the rears have my drag radials on them.

The exterior paint looks great from a distance, but there are blemishes. I always get complements on the car when I am out and about. When people ask what year it is I tell them 1998, but they don’t believe it because of how well I have maintained it. I will post pictures of the major blemishes. The major ones are: Driver’s side door handle, brake fluid got on it and ruined the paint. Scratches on the lower body panels. Crack in the front bumper on the bottom. Scratches on the top of the passenger door from when my garage door opener chain broke and dropped on the car. Miscellaneous scratches from driving 107k miles.

I have one top for the car, and it is the tinted black top.

The interior is showing its age. It is the light gray interior. The seats need to be completely redone. I was going to remove them for racing seats, until my Z blew up. The carpet looks pretty good for its age, but could also be replaced. The dash looks almost brand new. The center console is a little worn, but not too bad. The shift boot has been replaced. The shifter is a short throw with a nice shift ball. The A/C blows cold. It has the stock tape stereo with the CD Changer in the rear. I got the CD Changer working again.

Like the extra wheels mentioned above, I also have many other parts that can be negotiated as well. For instance, my Kooks long tube headers with high flow cats and X-pipe. Stock mufflers and other misc. items.
Attached Thumbnails 1998 C5 Corvette Coupe MANY mods-00b0b_alhkpmdslo8_600x450.jpg   1998 C5 Corvette Coupe MANY mods-00m0m_167esvqjm8s_600x450.jpg   1998 C5 Corvette Coupe MANY mods-00s0s_6vnvsw2cfst_600x450.jpg   1998 C5 Corvette Coupe MANY mods-00u0u_cfyv2knbnvw_600x450.jpg   1998 C5 Corvette Coupe MANY mods-00303_6asa1zcicyt_600x450.jpg  

1998 C5 Corvette Coupe MANY mods-01010_mxkcl4vrlq_600x450.jpg   1998 C5 Corvette Coupe MANY mods-01515_1flwwcob78l_600x450.jpg   1998 C5 Corvette Coupe MANY mods-00u0u_1k5vngdftqm_600x450.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1998 C5 Corvette Coupe MANY mods